Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween: Then and Now

Happy Halloween! Stephan and I didn't get to be together this year, but that didn't stop Stephan from dressing up and having fun! I few nights ago Stephan called me and said he and his friend had been costume shopping. The conversation went a little something like this:

Me: Hey what have you been up to?
Stephan: We've been costume shopping.
Me: Oh, are you dressing up? Who's WE??
Stephan: Me and Dean.
Me: What's your costume.
Stephan: Pirate.
Me: What's Dean's?
Stephan: Pirate
Me: You have the same costume???
Stephan: Well, yeah. But we have different accessories.
Me: Accessories?!? So you're a gay pirate couple?
Stephan: We tried on the costumes from that Will Ferrel movie Blades of Glory but they were too gay.
Me: And dressing in the same pirate costume isn't?
Stephan: No, and we're going to have a sword fight.

So, yeah. Stephan and his friend were hilariously going to wear the same pirate costume. But the funniest part was that I remembered that when I made a slide show for our wedding, there was a pic of Stephan and his brother dressed as pirates from their childhood. I knew I had to do a little then and now.

Here's Stephan in 2009 as a pirate. Back off, ladies, he's all mine! :)







Here's Stephan and his brother Michael. Unfortunately they are overshadowed by the banana in the background.




I also wanted to include the pic of the last time we dressed up together in 2004. I was Paris Hilton and he was Larry the Cable Guy. Believe it or not, neither of us had to buy anything to make these costumes...sad.



Oh, Halloween!


2 comments:

  1. The sword in the first picture is the only thing that makes me think pirate and not Bret Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was probably the funniest/gayest conversation I read in a while...haha. Gotta love 'em

    ReplyDelete