Friday, February 5, 2010

Sheer Genius

Ever since I started my "hobby" (ummm, obsession) with home decor I've discovered one very disturbing thing. I've discovered that everything I fall in love with that I think is so different and up and coming is already... popular. Just when I think I'm being different... I realize I'm...just...like...everyone...else (at least in the decor world, the masses will probably not get some of it).

One of the things I'm just mad for is lucite/acrylic furniture. It's very Hollywood Regency meets modern.

Here are the holy grails of lucite furniture:

DeBarry Cocktail Table, $4,600 (GAAAAASP)


Kartell Louis Ghost Chair


Yeah, the coffee table made me want to pee my pants... crazy. And if you haven't been to theparisapartment.com, you don't know what you're missing; it's literally everything I could ever want. If Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn shared a flat in Paris, they would buy everything from there. That is basically how I would some up my style, too.

I haven't convinced you yet of lucite's gloriousness? Maybe if I set the scene:


Ghost Chair Wedding Reception (Chiavari Chair, who???)





Mixed with my fave West Elm Overlapping Squares chairs??? Yes, please!!!



Here are the more budget friendly items I've found:






I'm thinking of the coffee table in the living room, the chair in the bedroom as a "reading nook" and the console in the kitchen...cuteness!




1 comment:

  1. Loveee the ghost chair. The ghost chair should go with a cute desk to blog at, that way you can be like 'blogging from my ghost chair' or 'while sitting in my ghost chair this morning'... etc. Awesomeness. Ahh all your decor hunting it making me want to redo our place. Kyle is still obsessed with a HUGE sectional couch.. and an even bigger TV. I think I'm gonna vomit.

    ReplyDelete